Hello there! I’m Nicole and I live in the wonderful state of Ohio, where the weather is 70 degrees one day and 30 degrees the next. I’ve been an SLP since 2010 (wow, does it go fast!) and believe this journey is one God placed on my heart from the beginning. Even on those terrible days, there is no doubt in my mind that God called me to this profession for my students.
I love getting to know my readers and wish I could chat with you over a hot chai tea latte, but since our computer screens make that impossible, I’ll share a few fun little facts about my life with you here:
2. I knew without a doubt I wanted to be some sort of teacher since I was five years old. Every single penny of my allowance was spent at the teacher supply store to decorate my bedroom with educational posters. Come to think of it, nothing’s changed. 😉
3. I fell in love with my husband at age 15 and he’s been the only person I’ve ever dated. And now we have three beautiful children under the age of 4. My heart is full <3
5. I’ve always been the sole SLP at the districts I’ve served. This makes collaboration with my online community (YOU) even more important to me.
6. True story: My husband and I bought our century home at an auction because the auctioneer took me unintentionally sipping on my lemonade (head nod) as a bid. Needless to say, my husband has never again taken me to an auction. You can read more about our crazy renovation stories over on my blog Young Love, Old Beams
7. I’m thankful that God knows what He’s doing (as in the above situation^^^ it was the best thing that could have happened to us).
8. During the remodeling of our century house, I went for 6 LONG months without a kitchen. And in case you were wondering, washing dishes in a tiny bathroom sink does get old. The renovation also included an at-home speech therapy room, which you can tour HERE.
10. Finally, I believe this journey of speech language pathology is one God placed on my heart from the beginning. Even on those worst days when I might feel like I’m doing a terrible job (I have those!), I love to remember that God has a special purpose for me right where I am and my main job is to give Him the glory. I Corinthians 10:31: So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
So that’s a bit about me and my crazy full life! I currently work part-time as an SLP, part-time creating materials, and full-time as a mommy of 3 🙂
Thank you so much for being here! I hope to learn as much from you as I hope to share!